30 Years of Action
Last 30 years of Achievement of the Foundation
- 1985: Lucienne Duncan, President of the Foundation, built a church for practicing Christians called Chapel Enfant Jesus of Prague.
- 2004 FEJ recognized non -governmental non profitable organization.
- 2007 VVHF becomes VVHF is a tax-exempt 501(c)3 organization.
- 2014 VVHF Rebrands and changes "Doing Business As " name to FEJ USA
- 1985: Primary school is establish
- 2006: Teacher continuous training established
- 2007: National televised telethon is initiated by FEJ, successfully uniting all sectors of the Haitian community,raising funds to build the new school complex for Ecole Enfant Jesus
- 2008: Construction of new school complex is completed.
- 2008:Sponsorship for children established
- 2009: Construction of two additional classrooms, a toilet block and a school kitchen.
- 2009: Daycare established
- 2009: FEJ reforms school mission and vision.A comprehensive holistic approach is established and a seven year plan is put in place
- 2010: Construction of the school cafeteria.
- 2010: Recreation basketball court in school yard.
- 2010: Construction of main storage building at Lamardelle.
- 2011: School curriculum and structure enhanced
- 2011: School Canteen students have at least two hot meals per day established in 1987 but enhanced.
- 2012: Solar panel installed for school, clinic and volunteer compound
- 1985-2014: Providing education to more than two thousands children.
- 2000: Received first orphan under CEJ care
- 2003: Creche completion built
- 2004: Adoption license from IBERS
- 2008: Establish special need and HIV program for children in need
- 2012: USGBC announce the building of first LEED orphanage for FEJ in Haiti
- 2013: William Jefferson Clinton Children's Center is officially announced
- 2004-2014: More than three hundreds family reunification with their children.
- 2014: Creche at Lamardelle closed (no more abandoned children in the area) and will be transforming as a vocational program center.
- 2003: Drinking water fountain provided for 300 families.
- 2005: Partnership developed with the Youth Associations in Lamardelle aims to inform and raise awareness of the various activities for the Foundation.
- 2007: Women empowerment program established
- 2009: FEJ brought electricity and 6 transformers to over a distance of more than 4 kilometers in Lamardelle with help of generous donors.
- 2010: Initiated vocational program for 35 women, with sewing, embroidery and handicrafts.
- 2010: Construction of volunteer's guest house (8 rooms).
- 2011 Cassava factory is implemented
- 2011: Water tower construction at Lamardelle orphanage.
- 2011: Initiates youth soccer championship
- 2012: FEJ brought electricity and 3 transformers to over a distance of about 1 kilometer in Kenscoff (Le Refuge).
- 2013 M.E.A.L sewing shop is implemented.
- 2013: second water well digging for the community
- 2008: Mobile clinic is initiated in Lamardelle. Twice a year a team of doctors who visit our area provide support to children and people in the Lamardelle community.
- 2010: Comprehensive rehabilitation program established for a one year period for mothers with their children and young women victims of the earthquake called Haitian alliance for mother amputees (HAMA)
- 2011: Completion of the first floor of the community clinic.
- 2011: training and jobs creation for physically limited people.
- 2012: Completion of second floor community clinic.
- 2012: Community clinic operation is established and Action Medeor funds community clinic operation for three years.
- 2012: Initiated malnutrition program for children
- 2013: Initiated training for more than fifty midwives.
- 2011:Pilot agriculture project is implanted for the benefit of school and orphan children to provide more vegetables and protein in their daily meals
- 2011: Poultry and rabbit breeding program to feed school and orphans children is initiated.